Contributions to the community total more than $1.7 million.
Please contact us for more info.
Rotary Club of Hilton Head Honored at 2014 District Conference
The Rotary Club of Hilton Head Island was recognized with several awards at Rotary District 7770’s Annual Conference in Charleston.
The awards were:
- Top large club of the year, which they have won twice in three years;
- Best website;
- Best “House of Friendship” exhibit;
- Presidential Citation with Distinction;
- Club Leadership Citation; and
- Rotary Foundation District Service Award.
In addition, member David Tirard was named District Rotarian of the Year and member Sandee Brooks was designated District Governor for the 2016-17 Rotary year.
The club, which has 150 members, is always seeking new members who are committed to volunteering their time and talents. Details: Contact Joe Chappell for more information.
- Purchased first ambulance for HHI rescue squad.
- Raised $75,000 for worldwide polio eradication.
- Sponsored “Gift of Life” surgeries for twelve young people from Third World countries.
- Contributed more than $20,000 for Alzheimers’ disease care and research.
- Provided more than $300,000 in college scholarships to local students.
Student Exchange Program:
- Sponsor annual international student exchanges.
Vocational & Mentoring Program:
- Conduct vocational and mentoring programs in the public schools.
Student & Teacher Recognition:
- Recognize outstanding public and private school students and teachers annually.
- Recreational Center: Developed Island Recreational Center.
- Boy Scouts: Sponsored first Boy Scout troop on Hilton Head Island.
- Boys and Girls Club: Purchased first van for Boys and Girls Club.
- Youth Sports Facilites: Funded soccer fields, equipment and lighting for Crossing Park.
- Interact Clubs: Established Interact Clubs at High Schools on the Island.
- Leadership Hilton Head: Seeded startup of Leadership Hilton Head.
- Professional Exchanges: Sponsor annual professional international exchanges (in-bound and out-bound).
- Small Business Recognition: Recognize outstanding small business of the year.
- Police/ Security/Fire: Co-sponsor annual breakfast to honor local law enforcement/security officers and firefighters.
- Salvation Army: Provide annual bell ringing for Salvation Army.
- Food Drive: Conduct annual food drive.
- Sahe Center: Seeded start-up of SHARE Center.
- Habitat for Humanity Community Center: Co-sponsored Habitat for Humanity Community Center.
- Deep Well: Led million $ campaign to provide a permanent home for Deep Well.
Contact the Rotary Office:
Phone: (843) 686-4100